“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
There was a “before and after” this project. Many reasons to remark this, but one of the most important ones is that I got to know one of my main mentors in my career: Jorge Barroso. Plus of course super awesome smart people.
The company called Tuenti, used to be a social network in Spain, the biggest one I would say, at the same level as Facebook with more than 20 million users. Scalability was one of our main challenges back in those days. Lots of things learned and experienced, specially complex stuff I struggled with.
Something worth mentioning, is the fact that Tuenti was acquired by Telefonica leading to a full product and business transition, something really nice to see from inside a company.
Tuenti is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), owned by Telefónica. It is a Spain-based tech company, that focuses on providing a cloud experience through its own application and its website to their customers. Originally, Tuenti was created in 2006 as a social networking (referred as the “Spanish Facebook”) with over 15 million registered users.
I joined the company as a full time employee.
- 2 years. Starting in 2012 and ending in 2014.
- Actively involved in the Android development of the social network mobile client.
- Collaborated with the mobile QA and testing strategy, company wise.
- Re-writing of the Mobile Client with a new Architecture after company acquisition.
- Scalability and complexity.
- Technical challenges.
- Company Full Re-organization.
- Business Strategical changes.
- Company acquisition.